Below are the DDS requirements to get an Instructional (Learners) Permit in Georgia.
• Applicants must be at least 15 years of age.
• Must pass a vision exam.
• Must pass a knowledge exam. You can schedule the exam online by clicking here.
• Applicants under age 18 are required to have a parent/guardian, responsible adult
or authorized driver training instructor present to sign the application.
• The permit fee is $10.00.
• According to Georgia DDS, the knowledge exam consists of two tests – the road
rules test and the road signs test. The applicant must pass each test. A minimum
score of 15 out of 20 correct answers, on each test, is required to pass.
To view the 2022 DDS Driver’s Manual online, click here.
For more information about requirements, click here to head to the DDS website.