We want to give you a quick update on Drive Smart Georgia’s re-opening process after being completely closed for eight weeks.
Like states and businesses across the country, we plan on opening in phases for the safety of our students and staff.
Why are we reopening in stages?
- The 8-week shutdown means we are playing serious catch-up.
- We lost 25% of our instructor staff during the 8-week shut down.
- We’re rehiring new staff members, but it takes 6-8 weeks for them to complete training and get certified by the DDS.
What are the stages of our re-opening plan?
We have been very busy working behind-the-scenes for weeks to develop a staged re-opening plan that maintains the highest levels of safety protocols.
Please keep in mind that we are carefully following CDC recommendations. If these change (and they often do), we will revise our re-opening plan accordingly.
WE ARE CURRENTLY IN STAGE THREE and do not yet have a timeline for rolling out stage 4.
Stage Three (Our current stage)
- Students who have held their permit for 6 months or longer will be able to schedule their driving lessons online.
Stage Four ( This is a future stage. We are currently in stage three)
- Students who have held their permit for 3 months or longer will be able to schedule their driving lessons online.