Joshua’s Law (also known as House Bill 466) was recently amended to make driver education mandatory for all 16 - AND 17-year-olds to be able to get a Georgia driver’s license.
Below are the requirements to get a driver’s license at the age of 16 or 17.
• Hold an instructional permit for at least one year and one day.
• Complete a certified 30-hour drivers ed course.
• Complete a cumulative of at least 40 hours of supervised driving, which must include at least 6 hours of nighttime driving.
• Applicants must pass the road skills test with a minimum score of 75%.
• A parent or guardian must be present.